[Ipopt] Ipopt 3.4.0 installation on Intel Mac

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu May 29 14:27:10 EDT 2008

Hi Ray,

I don't have a access to a Mac, but I know of people how have successfully
compiled Ipopt under Darwin.

1. It seems that you are using compilers from different major GCC
releases.  I would not be surprised if that causes problems.

2. I think that other Darwin users have been able to get around this
problem during the sizeof check by explicitly taking off the
"-pedantic-errors" compilation flag.  To do this, add the following
arguments to your configure command:

CFLAGS='-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -DNDEBUG'
CXXFLAGS='-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -DNDEBUG'

This will overwrite the default compiler flags (that include
-pedantic-errors).

I hope this helps,

Andreas