[Ipopt] Ipopt 3.4.0 installation on Intel Mac

Ray Zimmerman rz10 at cornell.edu
Thu May 29 13:53:34 EDT 2008

On May 2, 2008, at 18:10 PM, Andrew Tse wrote:
> I am trying to install Ipopt 3.4.0 on an intel Mac running OSX
> 10.5.2 (leopard).
>
> I first tried to use the standard procedure :
>
> The default ./configure script returned the following error :
>
> configure:22429: error: cannot compute sizeof (int *), 77
> See `config.log' for more details.
>  >From the log, the precise source of the error seemed to be
> "undefined
> symbols:
> "_cplusplus":

Were you ever able to successfully build Ipopt on your Intel Mac?

I am attempting to configure on a MacBook Pro running 10.5.3 and
getting the error ...

checking size of int *... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int
*), 77
See `config.log' for more details.
configure: error: /bin/sh '../../Ipopt/configure' failed for Ipopt

I have the following compilers available:

gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)            (from Apple's dev
tools)
gfortran : gcc version 4.3.0 (GCC)                   (installed via
fink)
g95      : gcc version 4.0.3 (g95 0.91!) Apr 18 2008 (installed via
fink)

I'm happy to provide the config.log file if someone could help me
figure this out.

Thanks,

--
Ray Zimmerman