[Ipopt] Ipopt 3.4.0 installation on Intel Mac

tse andrew tse.andrew at gmail.com
Fri May 2 18:48:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to install Ipopt 3.4.0 on an intel Mac running OSX
10.5.2 (leopard).

I first tried to use the standard procedure :

The default ./configure script returned the following error :

configure:22429: error: cannot compute sizeof (int *), 77
See `config.log' for more details.
>From the log, the precise source of the error seemed to be "undefined
symbols:
"_cplusplus":

Just to reduce uncertainties, I retrieved and compiled the external
libraries HSL, BLAS and LAPACK with gfortran (those libraries tested OK).
I added some flags to the configure script ( those recommanded for Mac
systems in this page https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/MatlabInterface)

./configure ADD_CFLAGS=" -no-cpp-precomp -fno-common -fexceptions -fPIC"
ADD_CXXFLAGS=" -no-cpp-precomp -fno-common -fexceptions -fPIC"
ADD_FFLAGS="-x f77-cpp-input -fPIC -fno-common"  FLIBS="-lSystem"
F77=gfortran
CC=gcc CXX=gcc --with-blas="-L/test/Ipopt/Ipopt-3.4.0/ThirdParty/Blas
-lblas"
--with-hsl="-L/test/Ipopt/Ipopt-3.4.0/ThirdParty/HSL -lhsl"
--with-lapack="-L/test/Desktop/Ipopt/Ipopt-3.4.0/ThirdParty/Lapack -llapack"

The configure script returned a different error this time :

Undefined symbols:
  "_foobar", referenced from:
      _main in cc2mJp4m.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

Here is the config.log file from the latest attempt (zipped to fit the list
size limit).
Could you help me to complete this installation ?

I also tried the (unofficial?) procedure suggested by Peter Carbonetto to
compile Ipopt 3.3.5 on Mac
(http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~pcarbo/<http://www.cs.ubc.ca/%7Epcarbo/>).

The compilation seemed to work, but calls to the compiled library file
failed.
This page (
https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/user-examples#LinkingyourCodewithCOINLibraries
 ) seem to suggest that linking to Ipopt requires header files generated
during
a standard compilation.
Is it correct ?

Thanks,