[Ipopt] undefined reference to `ma28part_' in $make test

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 21 04:49:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

> I have downloaded Ipopt 3.4.1 and followed the steps for compiling on QNX 6.3.0
> as given in the IPOPT tutorial for downloading, installing..
>
> The configure and make was fine without any error.
> But when I tried to run the "$ make test" command, the following error occurred:
> [...]
> ../src/Interfaces/.libs/libipopt.so: undefined reference to `ma28part_'
> cc: /usr/qnx632/host/qnx6/x86/usr/bin/ntox86-ld error 1
> make[1]: *** [hs071_cpp] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chaitanya/CoinIpopt/Ipopt/test'
> make: *** [unitTest] Error 2

Looks like a problem with the linear solver.
You seem to have installed the MA28 solver from HSL (correct?), but then
something got wrong when it was compiled or linked in to libipopt.so.
Can you open a ticket at http://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/newticket
(you need to login first,
https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/EditingWikiPages) and attach the
config.log file from the Ipopt subdirectory?
Also please make sure that you followed the instructions on installing
the linear solver correctly
(http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/documentation/node14.html) and that there
were no errors in compiling ThirdParty/HSL.

Best,

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan