[Ipopt] Using ipopt with PARDISO

Renata Leitao Dias da Silva renata at mat.uc.pt
Wed Aug 20 11:59:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

I want to use ipopt with PARDISO and test with the CUTEr problems, but
something is not working. I'm using gfortran and LINUX.

I have already tested ipopt using MA27 and I also tested PARDISO using
one of the examples they have in the website (pardiso_sym.f).

When I use the configure command I get this:

-------------
% configure --with-pardiso="$HOME/PARDISO/libpardiso.so"

checking whether -lblas has BLAS... yes
checking whether LAPACK is already available with BLAS library... no
checking whether -llapack has LAPACK... no
configure: Checking for Harwell subroutine library
checking whether user-supplied Pardiso library
"/users/extras/renata/PARDISO/libpardiso.so" works... configure: error:
Pardiso library /users/extras/renata/PARDISO/libpardiso.so does not seem
to work
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for Ipopt
------------

I also tried a different approach, defining "setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
${HOME}/PARDISO" but I get this:

----------------
% sdipo ALSOTAME

 Problem name: ALSOTAME

 Double precision version will be formed.

 The objective function uses        1 nonlinear group

 There  is        1 nonlinear equality constraint

 There are        2 variables bounded from below and above

Exception of type: OPTION_INVALID in file "IpAlgBuilder.cpp" at line 302:
 Exception message: Selected linear solver Pardiso not available.
Tried to obtain Pardiso from shared library "libpardiso.so", but the
following error occured:
/users/extras/renata/PARDISO/libpardiso.so: undefined symbol:
GOMP_loop_dynamic_next

EXIT: Invalid option encountered.

Can you see what am I doing wrong?

Thanks very much,