[Coin-ipopt] How to use the Matlab mex interface of IPOPT?

Michael comtech.usa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 20:52:31 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I don't find anywhere the documentation about how to call the IPOPT
mex dll from Matlab, such as syntax, etc.

There are 5 examples in the IPOPT directory, but they all supply
gradient and hessians. For my application, I won't be able to supply
these components.

I just need a way to specify the objective function and non-linear
constraint function, and the bounds...

There are no documents about how to do these things...

And when I tried to modify the examples .m files, and when I replaced
the 'computeGradientHS038' with ' ' (empty string), the solver gave
error:

"???Invalid function name ' '

And IPOPT solver unexpectedly...

What can I do? Any pointers to documentation about Matlab calling
convention would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!