[Coin-ipopt] intel/gnu compiler conflict

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon Mar 26 09:59:30 EDT 2007

Hi Scott,

I was travelling, therefore some delay in my response.

> I just built Ipopt on linux and got the error below.  My machine has both
> intel and gnu compilers.  During the build the gnu compilers were used for
> compiling the C++ object files and linking.  The intel compilers were used
> for building the C and fortran object files in ASL and HSL.  I'm pretty sure
> this is not correct and is leading to the error.  I reconfigured Ipopt and
> explicitly told it to use the gnu compilers for everything and was able to
> successfully build it. The problem appears to be in BuildTools/coin.m4.  When
> calling AC_PROG_CXX/CC/F77 you are giving different priorities to the intel
> versus gnu compilers in each case.

Thanks for letting me know.  At some point I had changed the order in
coin.m4 for the compiler search, and it might have been not yet reflected
in all configure scripts.  I changed this back to the original order
(looking for GNU first) in order to avoid problems.

Do you still have trouble now?  The best way to avoid problems is to
specify explicitly in the command line which compiler should be used
(F77=gfortran etc).

Cheers

Andreas