[Coin-ipopt] hello

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Fri Jun 29 17:51:03 EDT 2007

Hi Joyce,

>   I'm trying to use the interface of FORTRAN version to MATLAB. I've
> compiled Ipopt under VisualStudio2003.net and Inter fortran compiler9.0
> and got an IPOPT.dll, but while I put this file into the ex-1 file
> folder to test the example you offered , there is some error saying the
> dll module is of no effect. So I don't know if it is because that there
> is anything wrong with my MATLAB or I must compile all the IPOPT program
> under MATLAB enviroment or anything else.

The Matlab interface for the Fortran version of Ipopt is not part of the
Ipopt package on COIN-OR, and I don't know any details about it.  Please
contact the authors of that package.
(I assume you are talking about this:
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/steinhau/Research/mex-interfaces.html)

>     Moreover , I'd like to know have you complete the dll for C++
> version IPOPT program packet yet?

The latest release of Ipopt contains a contribution from Peter Carbonetto,
who wrote a Mex (matlab) interface for the C++ version of Ipopt, see

https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/MatlabInterface

However, I don't think anybody has tried it on Windows yet...(?)  At some
point I had a look at the following link, which seemed to be helpful:

http://gnumex.sourceforge.net/

I hope this helps,