[Coin-ipopt] A Matlab volunteer?

Steven Dirkse sdirkse at gams.com
Tue Jul 31 15:51:17 EDT 2007

damien at khubla.com wrote:
> If you download Microsoft's Platform SDK for 64-bit (it's free), you get
> the Visual Studio 8 32 and 64-bit C++ compilers and a decent
> implementation of the STL.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=484269E2-3B89-47E3-8EB7-1F2BE6D7123A&displaylang=en
>
> Damien

Damien,

Thanks for the URL.  I had a good look at it and tried to install the
latest PSDK but it didn't include newer compilers.

AFAIK, the PSDK does not come with Visual Studio 8, but rather with an
older compiler (build 14.00.40310) for AMD64.  I also saw a note in the
latest PSDK (your URL above) explicitly stating that a compiler was
required to build applications for AMD64 but this was not included in
the PSDK.

Checking into MS VS C++ Express, I see only a 32-bit compiler.  I also
found a note stating that AMD64 is not part of VS Express:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx

So I'm still looking for a way to build IPOPT on my WinXP-x64 machine
using my Intel compilers.  I may break down and try the STLPort
suggested earlier.

-Steve