[Coin-ipopt] Re: ipopt question

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Apr 26 13:54:07 EDT 2007

Hi George,

"Linear Solver" for Ipopt means software that can solve sparse symmetric
indefinite linear systems of equations.  Glpk doesn't do that, it is an LP
solver.

The current development version ("trunk") of Ipopt already includes the
option to use the "MUMPS" linear solver, which comes with an open source
license.  At the moment, it seems is not quite as fast as MA27, so I have
been hesitant to strongly adverstise it, but I'm planning to make a
release with "official" support for it in the future.

I hpe this answers your question.  (In the future, could you please send
questions like this to the Ipopt mailing list? Thanks!)

Andreas