[Coin-ipopt] Subversion download problems....

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Jun 22 10:50:10 EDT 2006

Hi all,

If you have a current SVN checkout, you will also see a message that
Rodrigo described below, when you try an 'svn update' (or other actions
that need to connect to the svn repository).

You can fix this by either completely downloading Ipopt again (now using
the projects.coin-or.org URL).

However, you can avoid this by running the following commands in the
directory that you checked out (that corresponds to "trunk" and has a .svn
subdirectory).

I'm assuming that you are using the [t]csh. If you are using a different
shell, just type "tcsh" before issuing those commands:

$ foreach file (`find . -name entries`)
foreach? sed -e 's|www.coin-or.org|projects.coin-or.org|' $file >bla
foreach? mv -f bla $file
foreach? end

There, the "$" in the first line is your prompt (probably looks
different).  Once you hit return after the first line, the prompt will be
"foreach?".  You hit return after each line.

In case you switched into the 'tcsh' shell because you are usually using a
different one, "end" brings you back to your normal shell.

Hope this saves you some time.

Andreas