[Coin-ipopt] A problem using IPOPT with QT library

Yang Liu xueyuhanlang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 01:54:35 EDT 2006

Dear Carl,

I use the provided visual studio project, and compile it to a
multi-thread static library.
The provided example which is on console mode works well.
But if I create an non-console windows program, such as a MFC program,  and just
import the examples on it, such as MYNLP.cpp,.hpp, and put the
following code on any place of my program

// Create an instance of your nlp...
  SmartPtr<TNLP> mynlp = new MyNLP();
  // Create an instance of the IpoptApplication
  SmartPtr<IpoptApplication> app = new IpoptApplication();
  // Initialize the IpoptApplication and process the options
  app->Initialize();
  ApplicationReturnStatus status = app->OptimizeTNLP(mynlp);

I will get an error in "new IpoptApplication()".
I am not sure whether it is a problem of IPOPT,  my colleague met a
same problem in another library not IPOPT, he also added all the
sources into VC project,  it is OK.
Currently I also add the sources into my project,  there is no problem.
Maybe it is a problem of Microsoft Visual C++.

Best,

Yang Liu