[Coin-ipopt] Re: dynamic library in linux

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Jul 5 13:34:48 EDT 2006

Hi Edson,

> 	Hello Mr. /Waechter/
> I'm  working in the development of an interface to use Ipopt as a Scilab
> optimization solver (based in the Matlab mex interface already developed).
> Since Scilab requires the solver to be loaded as a shared object (.so), I
> would like to know if it is possible to compile the libipopt to be used as a
> shared object by seting the compilation flags.

I have been working on changes of the compilation procedure for a while,
which is now used in other COIN projects (those other projects have
already swtiched, just Ipopt is now lagging behind...)

I will try to release the new version today or at least later this week.
This new version will automatically compile shared libraries, so I guess
this will answer your question.

> Some time ago I asked you if
> there are any project to use Ipopt as a solver to MINLP routines and you
> answered that it was being developed. Do you have any news about this
> development? Are there a release date planned?

This is also on our urgent ToDo list.  The new project should be released
in the next few days as well.