[Coin-ipopt] Ipopt on intel mac

Peter Carbonetto pcarbo at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Dec 14 22:35:07 EST 2006

> I am trying to install ipopt on an intel mac with tcsh running OSX 10.4.8.

I managed to install IPOPT successfully on my Apple computer. It took me
quite a while to figure out how to do it properly. I got errors when I ran
the configure script, so I had to bypass the default installation
altogether. The main difficulty is due to the fact that the GNU Fortran
compiler is not installed by default on Mac OS X, and after I installed
it, it didn't behave as expected by the configure script.

I've detailed my steps at: http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~pcarbo/ipopt-macosx

Andreas, perhaps this webpage will help guide you in making the configure
script compatible for Mac OS X?

(I'm running Mac OS X 19.3.9 on a PowerPC G4. Nonetheless, my instructions
should for the most part pertain to your situation, Bruce.)

Peter Carbonetto
PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science
University of British Columbia