[Coin-ipopt] Session on Ipopt applications as INFORMS annual meeting

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon Apr 24 17:24:26 EDT 2006

Hello!

I have been asked by the COIN-OR foundation to organize one or more
sessions at the INFORMS annual meeting in Pittsburgh, which is held
November 5-8, 2006.  The session(s) will be about applications of
Ipopt.  A session is 1 1/2 hours long and usually consists of 4 talks
(sometimes only 3), so a presentation would be about 20 minutes long.

If you are using Ipopt for your research or work, it would be great if
you could contribute a talk.  If you would like to join or have
questions regarding this, please send me (andreasw at us.ibm.com - please
do not reply to the mailing list to avoid heavy traffic :) a short
description or abstract of what you would like to present.  In the
end, the abstract for the submission at INFORMS should be 50 words or
less, but it would be nice if could write a little bit more for me, so
that I could see whether your material would fit into the general
context.

You can find more information about the INFORMS annual meeting at

http://www2.informs.org/Conf/Pittsburgh06/

We will have to submit the abstracts by May 15 (sorry for the
relatively short notice.).

There will an entire cluster on open source at the meeting, as well as
a COIN-OR booth in the exhibit hall, and a COIN-OR user meeting, where
you will have the chance to meet other COIN-OR users.

Looking forward to hearing from you,