[Coin-ipopt] IPOPT+CUTEr can't work

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Nov 9 08:28:16 EST 2005

Lihong,

Please verify that you did the following steps (or repeat them now):

1. run the configure script for Ipopt (with our options)
2. make install
3. make cuter

After that, the file

$MYCUTER/double/lib/ipopt.liblist

should include the flags necessary to link with Ipopt, such as

-L/home/andreasw/COIN/OBJgcc/Ipopt/lib -lipopt -llapack -lblas

This file should be read by the CUTEr script

$MYCUTER/double/bin/ipopt

and used to link the executable for a particular SIF problem.

You seem to be working on a SUN.  I have no experience with using CUTEr on
a SUN.  If you still have problems using CUTEr, it is probably best to
contact the developers of CUTEr.  (Dominique, if you are reading this, do
you have an idea about what is going on?)