[Coin-ipopt] Re: Fortran compiler for IPOPT

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon Nov 7 16:08:44 EST 2005

Hi,

It is also possible to completely avoid to use of a Fortran compiler, by
using the Fortran to C compiler f2c (available on www.netlib.org) to
convert all the Fortran code (Harwell and BLAS) to C.

I know of someone else who has been able to do that, but it a bit of a
pain...

PS: Fijoy, I just saw that you sent another message to the mailing list,
but it was held by the mailing list daemon, since the attachement was too
long.  It seems that you tried to compile code under Cygwin, and tried it
with the Microsoft C++ compiler, and the GNU Fortran compiler.  This
doesn't work together.