[Coin-ipopt] Installation problem on IPOPT and CUTEr

Lihong Zhang lihong at ee.washington.edu
Sun Nov 6 19:20:24 EST 2005

Hi All,

I want to use IPOPT to solve nonlinear problems modelled
in SIF. I encountered some problems on the installation.

I have installed SifDec, CUTEr and IPOPT. I defined the
following environment variables: CUTER, MYCUTER,
SIFDEC, MYSIFDEC, MASTSIF. Now the "sifdecode"
can work. However, when I typed "sdipopt HS11.SIF",
the following message was obtained.

********************************
[lihong at si]tmp> sdipopt
HS11.SIF
 Problem name: HS11

 Double precision version will be formed.

 The objective function uses        1 nonlinear group

 There  is        1 nonlinear inequality constraint

 There are        2 free variables

-lipopt object file not in
 /homes/lihong/cvs/cuter/CUTEr.large.sun.sol.g77/double/bin/
Terminating execution.
********************************

Then I copied the "ipopt.o" (located at
/homes/lihong/cvs/COIN/Ipopt/IPOPT/ipopt/ipopt.o) to
/homes/lihong/cvs/cuter/CUTEr.large.sun.sol.g77/double/bin/.
However, the error message was still there. After that, I
copied all the object files from /homes/lihong/cvs/COIN/Ipopt/IPOPT/ipopt
to /homes/lihong/cvs/cuter/CUTEr.large.sun.sol.g77/double/bin/,
but the result kept the same. Also I tried the following
commond
"sdipopt -L/homes/lihong/cvs/COIN/Ipopt/lib HS11.SIF".
It didn't help.

By the way, I installed CUTEr, sifdec, and COIN-IPOPT respectively at
/homes/lihong/cvs/cuter
/homes/lihong/cvs/sifdec
/homes/lihong/COIN/Ipopt

Could you please give me any help on this issue? Is anything wrong
with my installation?

Any of your suggestions are strongly appreciated. I look forward
to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Lihong

--