[Coin-ipopt] Re: Fw: optimal control problem in IPOPT

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Jul 28 10:58:21 EDT 2005

Gerben,

The quasi-Newton options in Ipopt allow you to run Ipopt without providing
it second derivatives - see the option IQUASI (in README.IPOPT).  For the
full space version (which is probably what you are using), 6 or -6 might
work.  In general, the code usually performs faster and more robust if it
has second derivatives, so if you can get them and speed/robustness is of
importance to you, you might think of providing them to Ipopt.

Hope this helps,

Andreas