[Coin-ipopt] IPOPT within any MINLP solvers?

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Tue Feb 15 16:22:26 EST 2005

Hi Frank,

Many thanks for your kind words.  I'm very happy to hear that Ipopt is
working fine for you!

As for the MINLP solver:  We have recently started a research project,
where we try to develop and implement an MINLP solver based on Ipopt and
Cbc framework (both in COIN).  This project is pretty much at the
beginning, and he have nothing that we could already give away for
testing; my guess is that it will still take quite a while before that
happens.

Just out of curiosity, would your MINLP problems be convex?  Also, would
you want to provide you model in AMPL, or would you want to use some C/C++
interface?