[Coin-ipopt] ipopt mex interface

Steinar Hauan steinhau+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 24 16:20:40 EDT 2005

hello,

i'd like to announce the availability of a "public beta" version
of a Matlab MEX interface to ipopt written by
Claas Michalik (at RWTH Achen) and myself (at CMU)

you can download a copy from my mex file web page

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/steinhau/Research/mex-interfaces.html

the current mex interface is written for the "old" Fortran version of
ipopt, but will be updated for the C++ version when that is available.

at the moment, we're looking for user feedback to the following:
   - are you able to build and use it?
   - does it run
   - does it expose all the parameters you need & use
   - how much slower is it compared to the standalone version

if you write your own examples to the interface, we'll be happy if you
could email them to us for more testing. furthermore: if you are willing
to let us distribute your m-files with the mex interface as "examples
for other users", we will be happy to do so and provide you with
credits in the example files.

as of the time i'm writing this, we've tagged the beta with
version 0.92. as we (hopefully) incorporate and fix any
user issues over the next few weeks, the version numbers
will be incremented to show that "something changed".

p.s. please copy me directly on any bug/problem reports as i dont
monitor the ipopt mailing list that closely. d.s.

regards,
   Steinar Hauan, dept of ChemE  --  hauan at cmu.edu
   Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA, USA