[Coin-ipopt] How to download HSL Archive subroutines

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Thu Oct 28 11:10:53 EDT 2004

Hello Brian,

I'm copying this message to the Ipopt mailing list, since the question of
how to download subroutines from the HSL Archive website seems to have
caused headache in the past.

In order to download the HSL Archive subroutines (like ma27 and mc19), you
need to register at the HSL Archive website

http://hsl.rl.ac.uk/archive/hslarchive.html

After that you can log in and go to the page that lists all the HSL
Archive packages for download.  If you then click on the name of the
desired routine (like MA27), you get to a download page, where one of the
button reads "Download Package (comments removed)".  [I know that you got
this far already.]

Click on that button (leave the precision choice at default "Double
Precision").  As you noticed this brings up a webpage which contains the
code for the subroutine as text.  All you have to do now is to save this
page (all of it, even if there are more than one subroutines in it) into
the a file called "ma27ad.f".  (If "Save page to..." doesn't work, you
can copy the content of this page into an editor and safe it there.)

Similarly, if you want to get the MC19 routine, do the same steps as above
and safe the context in a file called "mc19ad.f" .

For neither MA27 or MC19 it is necessary to download any dependencies.
(This is different for MA28, but only specialized usage of Ipopt requires
this package.)

I will update the INSTALL.HSL file and add this information for future
reference.

I hope this helps,

Andreas