[Coin-ipopt] Ipopt C_example & Fortran_example Makefile errors

Kirk Abbott kabbott at prosrm.com
Fri May 14 01:38:25 EDT 2004

Hello,

I tried to build the latest release of Ipopt (checked out from CVS 13 March,
2004)
and got most of it to build but had failures with the example directories.

I used the following configuration flags:

./configure --with-blas='/d/ctools/nlpsolvers/basic_blas/libfblas.a' \
    --with-lapack='/d/ctools/nlpsolvers/basic_blas/libflapack.a' \
    --with-hsl=BUILD

I had my own blas and own lapack but wanted Ipopt to build the hsl libs
which I
downloaded.

The summary is as follows (see below for details).
The lib and include paths are not set correctly (by prefix & exec_prefix)
The ADDLIBS target is not including the HSL libs that are built.
I am not familiar enough with the workings of configure to fix the
Makefile.in(s)
Can someone make the changes required?

Thanks,
Kirk.

I had to change the C_example Makefile lines:

# Directory with libipopt.a

prefix = /d/ctools/nlpsolvers/COIN_new/COIN/Ipopt
exec_prefix = ${prefix}/IPOPT/Ipopt
IPOPTLIBDIR = ${exec_prefix}

# Directory with Ipopt_Interface.h
IPOPTINCDIR = ${prefix}/IPOPT/include

# Libraries necessary to link with IPOPT
# LIBS = $(IPOPTLIBDIR)/libipopt.a
/d/ctools/nlpsolvers/basic_blas/libflapack.a
/d/ctools/nlpsolvers/basic_blas/libfblas.a
LIBS = `cygpath -w \$(IPOPTLIBDIR)`\\libipcore.a \
       /d/ctools/nlpsolvers/basic_blas/libflapack.a \
       /d/ctools/nlpsolvers/basic_blas/libfblas.a \
       /d/ctools/nlpsolvers/COIN_new/COIN/Ipopt/OTHERS/HSL/libiphsl.a \
       /d/ctools/nlpsolvers/COIN_new/COIN/Ipopt/OTHERS/blas/libipblas.a

I had to change the Fortran_example Makefile to :

# Directory with libipopt.a
prefix = /d/ctools/nlpsolvers/COIN_new/COIN/Ipopt
exec_prefix = ${prefix}/IPOPT/Ipopt
IPOPTLIBDIR = ${exec_prefix}/

# Libraries necessary to link with IPOPT
#LIBS = -L$(IPOPTLIBDIR) -lipopt
/d/ctools/nlpsolvers/basic_blas/libflapack.a
/d/ctools/nlpsolvers/basic_blas/libfblas.a

LIBS = `cygpath -w \$(IPOPTLIBDIR)`\\libipcore.a \
       /d/ctools/nlpsolvers/basic_blas/libflapack.a \
       /d/ctools/nlpsolvers/basic_blas/libfblas.a \
       /d/ctools/nlpsolvers/COIN_new/COIN/Ipopt/OTHERS/HSL/libiphsl.a \
       /d/ctools/nlpsolvers/COIN_new/COIN/Ipopt/OTHERS/blas/libipblas.a

--------
This e-mail is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged
or confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail
is prohibited.