[Coin-ipopt] help needed with DAE2NLP and DYNOPT

chandrasekaran jayachandran jayachandran1979 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 17:29:59 EDT 2003

Dear Sir,

I am a Graduate Research Assistant, Dept of chemical
engineering at Lamar University, working on "Parallel
Optimization".

I have downloaded the IPOPT and DYNOPT routines from
your website. We have a Nonlinear solver for NLP
problems. The 'DAE2NLP'
routine in your DYNOPT package will be very helpfull
to us for using with the solver which we have. Could
you please send me a
documentation of how to use these subroutines to
convert DAE to NLP problem?

In addition, It would be very helpfull for me if you
can send me some links which gives some theoritical
background in using
orthogonal collocation for Dynamic optimization
problem.

I would also like to try the Dynopt package. Could you
please send me some information on how to use that for
solving Dynamic
optimization problem?

Thank you,
Regards