[Coin-ipopt] help needed with orthogonal collocation method

chandrasekaran jayachandran jayachandran1979 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 15:53:00 EST 2003

Dear sir,

I have a doubt regarding application of
orthogonal collocation method to optimal
controlproblem like the one given below to NLP
problem.

A -> B -> C
and the objective is to maximize the concentration of
B at the outlet and the residence time is 8 min.

could  you please tell me how to choose collocation
points? It would be very helpfull
for me if you can suggest some articles related to
orthogonal collocation method
applied to optimization of DAE constarined problems.

Thank you
best regards
Jayachandran C