[Coin-ipopt] Contributing to COIN/Ipopt

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon Sep 30 17:50:27 EDT 2002

Dear Kirk,

Thank you very much for your message!  Contributions are very welcome.
I'm looking forward to your C interface (and possibly even Java!?!), and
also a replacement for MA27 would be very helpful and appreciated.

Just a few words on the proceeding of how we can include your
contributions.  It would be good if you could send me the code that you
would like to contribute, so that I can have a look at it and make sure I
find the right place to add it.  The best way to do this is probably
off-line, i.e. not through this mailing list, since otherwise the
attachments send to the other subscribers might be somewhat large.

At some point I will also need some statement from you (by email is fine),
where you certify that you wrote and own the contributed code, and that
you agree to have it published under the CPL (Common Public License), so
that the legal necessities for including it into COIN are also taken care
of.  At the end of this message is the "form" that someone has composed to
this purpose.

Again, many thanks for your offer to contribute to COIN/Ipopt.  I will
send another message directly to you so that we can work on the details.
I just wanted to copy this to the mailing list as well, since other
possible contributors would face the same question regarding the
procedure.

Cheers,

Andreas

------- 8< --------------------------------------------------------------

CONTRIBUTOR'S  STATEMENT OF ORIGIN

(a) represent that either

(i) I/we am/are the only author/authors and owner/owners of the software

described as/entitled ____________________________, or

(ii) that any exception to (i) is software which was obtained under the CPL

(Common Public License), and

(b)  represent  that this software was neither derived in any other way nor

otherwise copied from any other software, and

(c)  hereby agree to license this software under the CPL.