[GAMSlinks] Hi

Roy Chen ytboy0208 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:48:08 EST 2007

Hi, everyone:

I want to install IPOPT solver in GAMS, and I downloaded the GAMSlink from
the source and got the following version:

GAMSlinks-0.2.2.zip<http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/GAMSlinks/GAMSlinks-0.2.2.zip>
26-Oct-2007 03:01  6.0M

It seems that I did the right things following the instructions of
installation, finally I got the follwoing files in bin:
gmscc_.zip  gmscg_.zip  gmsip_.zip

According to the instruction, I am supposed to do the following:
"To install them in your GAMS system, you copy these files into the GAMS
system directory and call gamsinst there. gamsinst will then unpack the
files and makes GAMS aware about the new solvers. "

I am just wondering, if I cope these three files into the GAMS system
directory, and call gamsinst there, will this affect other files which have
already been installed, such as other solvers or license files? Becasue the
GAMS system we own is a licensed version for Universities and I don't want
to have any effect over others usage of GAMS.

Thanks a lot

Roy