[GAMSlinks] just COIN-OR solvers?

Stefan Vigerske stefan at vigerske.de
Tue Mar 20 13:38:32 EDT 2007

Hi,

yes, you are right, the goal is formulated "too narrow".
It's probably just by its historical development. Originally there was
just the idea to put more engagement into the development of the
GAMS/COIN-OR links in GAMS, then we thought it would be nice to make
these links also public at COIN-OR, and now there is no reason why the
project should be restricted to COIN-OR solvers.
However, for me the COIN-OR solvers have priority in developing links.
But I also hope to add some documentation at the GAMSlinks project that
makes it easier for people to access the GAMS I/O libraries and develop
their own links between GAMS and their own solvers (open source or not).

GLPK is a something like a border case, since we access it via the
COIN-OR/OSI, but I should be more careful and not enqueue it into the
list of COIN-OR solvers.

Thank you for your comment,
I'll use the more general formulation from now on :-),
Stefan