[GAMSlinks] just COIN-OR solvers?

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 20 12:32:44 EDT 2007

Stefan:
I have a question on the project goal, which is stated as:

"This project is dedicated to the development of links between GAMS (G
eneral Algebraic Modeling System) and solvers that are hosted at COIN-OR."

Is it really true?  I was wondering if it might be more general, i.e.,

"This project is dedicated to the the development of links between GAMS
and open-source solvers."

because, for example GLPK is not hosted by COIN-OR but supported by the
project.  (I find the broader goal  more appealing and in keeping with the
spirit of COIN-OR to promote open-source in OR).   This nit came up re:
the GAMSlink write up for the ICS spring newsletter.

thanks in advance for the clarification,
Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org

Program Chair, http://www.informs.org/Conf/PuertoRico07