[FlopCpp] Solver times: CBC, Symphony, XPRESS

Peter Sels sels.peter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 05:48:41 EST 2010

Hello All,

2)
I am using CBC as a OSI capable solver under FlopCpp. Up to recently
this worked well.
Solver times of 2 minutes was ok. I compare with an XPRESS-MP model generated
with their proprietary C++ API called 'BCL'.
Now I added one (train schedule symmetry) constraint and FlopCpp+CBC
did not find the solution after an hour, while XPRESS finds it in a
second...
Would you know of better/faster solvers that work together with FlopCpp (& OSI)?
I am trying with Symphony now. Already takes 30 minutes...
Are any other fast open source MILP solvers available?

--
Peter