[FlopCpp] Request for suggestion for MSVC8 project...

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 7 08:01:10 EDT 2006

> Since flopc++ requires COIN to be in place, COIN must reside somewhere.
> The struggle I'm having is that it isn't clear where it might be,
> and how best to set up the solution/project files so that COIN is
> readily found without modifying the project/solution files directly.

I would suggest that FlopC++ define subversion externals for the Coin
projects it depends on.
This means that when doing a subversion checkout of FlopC++, one will get
all the needed Coin projects at the location specified by FlopC++.
This is how many other COIN projects now work (Clp, Osi, Cgl, Cbc, Bcp,
Alps, ...).

JP