[Flopcpp] Building Samples

Paul D. Brown pdbrown at ieee.org
Fri Feb 17 13:34:36 EST 2006

I am new to using FlopC++ and am trying to build for the first time
under Cygwin. I am trying to build the examples to make sure I know how
to compile correctly before I try my own program.

I run make in the Sample directory and get the following:
 >> g++  -mno-cygwin  -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings
-Wconversion -pipe -I/home/pbrown/Desktop/COIN/include -I../include
-L../lib -L/home/pbrown/Desktop/COIN/lib  -lflopc -lOsi -lOsiClp -lClp
-lOsiCbc -lCbc -lCoin -lCgl  aircraft.cpp   -o aircraft

aircraft.cpp:19: warning: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `main' with no type
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/pbrown/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccXz8B0c.o:aircraft.cpp:(.text+0x114):
undefined reference to `flopc::MP_domain::Forall(flopc::Functor const*)
const'
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/pbrown/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccXz8B0c.o:aircraft.cpp:(.text+0x128):
undefined reference to `flopc::MP_domain::Empty'

There are a lot of undefined references. This is a linking problem with
the flopc library, right? libflopc.a is compiled and located in ../lib
(relative to the Sample directory). What am I missing?

Sorry to ask a basic question, but since I see that part of the design
objective of FlopC++ was to be accessible to people who don't know C++
well, maybe someone can give a hand.

Thanks,
Paul

P.S. Documentation is sorely missing. I'd be glad to help with this if I
can figure out how it works myself.... :)