[Csdp] [OpenBlas] Problem at run time

Brian Borchers borchers at nmt.edu
Thu Oct 12 19:45:40 EDT 2017

The illegal instruction is most likely due to either

1. Mixing 64 and 32 bit code.

or

2. Compiling code for the wrong processor type (e.g. by specifying
march=something when in fact your processor isn't of that type.)

In building CSDP itself, you will adjust the CFLAGS in the Makefile to
specify

-m32                 32 bit code
-fopenmp          to use OpenMP threading
-ansi
-Ofast
-Wall
-DUSEOPENMP
-DSETNUMTHREADS

For 32 bit code you must not use -DBIT64.

In building OpenBLAS, you need to make sure that you've built a 32 bit
version of OpenBLAS and that you've turned on OpenMP.  Use make with the
options

USE_OPENMP=1         (to use OpenMP threading)
BINARY=32                   (for 32 bit mode)

Brian Borchers                          borchers at nmt.edu
Department of Mathematics      http://www.nmt.edu/~borchers/
New Mexico Tech                       Phone: (575) 322-2592
Socorro, NM 87801                   FAX: (575) 835-5366