[CppAD] cppad_ipopt

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Fri Mar 5 11:27:58 EST 2010

Unfortunately, something is broken with the Coin nightly builds and the
CppAD tarballs for the trunk are missing from
     http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/CppAD/
Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

If you have subversion, you can get a current copy of cppad with the
following command
       svn co https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/CppAD/trunk cppad_trunk
If you execute then execute the commands
     cd cppad_trunk
     ./configure IPOPT_DIR=IpoptDir
you will configure CppAD so that it can build the cppad_ipopt libarary
and examples. Here IpoptDir is the prefix for where Ipopt is installed
on your system.

If you then execute the command
     cd cppad_ ipopt/src
     make
you will build the cppad_ipopt library; libcppad_ipopt.a to be exact.

If you then execute the command
     cd ../example
     make test
you will compile and run the examples mentioned under Example on
     http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/cppad_ipopt_nlp.xml#Example