[CppAD] IdenticalZero not define

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Sun Nov 18 14:20:58 EST 2007

J.P. Fasano and G. Anderson are running CppAD with
a newer C++ compiler than I have been using.
To be specific, they are using gcc 4.1.1.
While doing so, they ran into a problem with IdenticalZero not being
defined.

I have just checked in changes to the trunk that should fix this
problem; see
    https://projects.coin-or.org/CppAD/changeset/1077
    https://projects.coin-or.org/CppAD/changeset/1078

These changes are immediately available using the subversion download
procedure,
but the other download procedures require one to wait until tomorrow; see
    http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/download.<ext>
where <ext> is htm or xml.

Tomorrow morning, after the documentation for the changes is built,
there will be an entry, that explains this fix, with heading11-18  in
    http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/whats_new_07.<ext>

The gcc 4.1.1 error message was something along the lines of:

../cppad/local/mul.hpp:41: error: no matching function for call to
    IdenticalZero(const std::complex<double>&)
../cppad/local/identical.hpp:144: note: candidates are:
    bool CppAD::IdenticalZero(const float&)
../cppad/local/identical.hpp:146: note:
    bool CppAD::IdenticalZero(const double&)
../cppad/local/mul.hpp:44: error: no matching function for call to
    IdenticalOne(const std::complex<double>&)
../cppad/local/identical.hpp:153: note: candidates are:
    bool CppAD::IdenticalOne(const float&)
../cppad/local/identical.hpp:155: note:
    bool CppAD::IdenticalOne(const double&)