[CppAD] A Backward Compatibility Issue Question

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Fri Feb 16 10:34:37 EST 2007

Question
======
Is anyone using the CppAD f.Dependent(y) syntax ?
    http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/dependent.xml

Is anyone using the CppAD PrintFor(text, y) syntax ?
    http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/printfor.xml

These two functions use the fact that there is only one CppAD tape in
order to infer which tape to use. This creates a problem for the current
development effort (described below).

Would it be a problem if I changed the syntax for these functions so
that they identify what tape to use ?

Current Development Effort
===================

You can find a description of OpenMp at
    http://www.openmp.org/drupal/

The Gnu compiler collection now supports OpenMP
    http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.2/changes.html

This is part of the CppAD wish list item: Multiple Tapes with Same Base
Type; see
    http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/wishlist.htm

I am currently working on this item. You can see the progress in the
OpenMp branch on
    https://projects.coin-or.org/CppAD/timeline