[Couenne] couenne doesn't exit normally -- Code in Pyomo

Ouanes, Nesrine nesrine.ouanes at campus.tu-berlin.de
Fri May 4 16:45:09 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I want to solve my code, which is written in Python and Pyomo, with Couenne.

I get an error (Solver (asl) did not exit normally) with no further information , whenever I try to solve a code with a division, e.g. I have the following constraint:

r_p = p2/p1

p1, p2 and r_p are variables in my model. I made sure that the bounds for p1 don't include the value 0.

All other constraints are linear and have no divisions. Couenne works fine, when I comment this constraint out. Strangely, Couenne also works fine, if I write the constraint as follows:

r_p = p * (p1)^(-1)

As I'm going to further develop my model and it will eventually have very high nonlinearities, I seek your help in understanding, why this problem occurs.

Can this be a bug within Couenne? Or perhaps in the Solver interface in Pyomo?

Looking forward to your response.

Best,

Nesrine