[Couenne] HSL library for Couenne (trunk)

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 8 08:11:58 EDT 2015

Hi,

the installation notes might not have kept up with changes on the HSL page.
Did you download the "source" variant from
http://www.hsl.rl.ac.uk/ipopt/ (should direct you to
http://www.hsl.rl.ac.uk/download/coinhsl/2014.01.10/), or the Linux
library (http://www.hsl.rl.ac.uk/download/coinhsl-linux-x86_64/2014.01.10/)?

I suspect that if you get the latter, you will get a precompiled HSL
library for use in Ipopt. ThirdParty/HSL doesn't know what to do with
this. But you could probably use --with-hsl-lib and --with-hsl-incdir
configure option to have Ipopt using it.
Also loading this precompiled lib dynamically at runtime could work (set
linear_solver ma27 explicitly and put the lib under the name libhsl.so
into your library search path).

Best,
Stefan