[Couenne] (no subject)

Pietro Belotti pbelott at clemson.edu
Sun Jan 6 20:49:32 EST 2013

AJ,

Couenne has a lot of options that can be tweaked to make solution of
certain problems faster. I looked at your problem but can't find a
specific structure that can be exploited through specific options. I can
get a lower bound of -56*10^6 with default options, but given the size of
the problem (2800+ variables and another 8600+ auxiliaries after
reformulation) it's better to stick to options that are not
time-consuming. For example, you can switch off LP-based bound reduction
and probing by adding the following lines to the option file couenne.opt:

aggressive_fbbt no
optimality_bt   no

You can go further and turn off the fast bound reduction techniques as
follows:

feasibility_bt  no
redcost_bt      no

but I'm not sure if that would help a lot. Unfortunately this is a large
NLP problems, and finding a global optimum is not easy.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pietro Belotti
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences