[Couenne] Analyzing output

Liffey1986 at gmx.de Liffey1986 at gmx.de
Thu Feb 28 12:04:32 EST 2013

Thanks Pietro, your mail was very helpfull!

One more question concerning the output "...best solution":
For some instances Couenne gives out "1e+050 best solution" at the beginning (before an integer solution was found). I guess this is an upper bound estimation before starting branch-and-bound, or is it computed in a different way?

> > How do I know how every new solution was found? Does the output give
> > information which heuristic found the solution?
>
> Yes, every line containing "integer solution". However, only those that
> improve on the previous value of the cutoff.

I don't see the information about how the solution was found. If the output is "Integer solution of 1166.8 found after 450865 iterations and 21806 nodes (587.68 seconds)", does this mean the solution was found without a heuristic just by solving a node in the b&b-tree? If so, would this line give the information about the heuristic that found the solution, if the was found by a heuristic?

One more question: Is it possible to get information about the memory used during the solving process?

Best,
Ina

-------- Original-Nachricht --------