[Couenne] Numerical non-linear solver

Pietro Belotti pbelott at clemson.edu
Fri Dec 28 12:31:02 EST 2012

Matt,

Couenne needs expression trees of objective function and constraints, and
takes care of computing the derivatives when needed. Right now the only
interface is the AMPL library through which Couenne reads a .nl file and
translates the AMPL expression tree into a Couenne expression tree. Unless
you are able to create a model and pass Couenne all expressions, I am
afraid Couenne is not the solver you are looking for.

If I understand correctly, you need a solver that only reads *values* from
the spreadsheet but not the derivatives, hence some sort of
derivative-free optimization solver. Coin-OR has DFO
(https://projects.coin-or.org/Dfo).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pietro Belotti