[Couenne] Any program (other than AMPL) to write NL files?

sguazt marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 04:04:21 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Mustafa Kilinc <kilinc at wisc.edu> wrote:
> Hello Marco,
> I used COCONUT converters for converting MINLP problems. To convert a "mod"
> file, first you need to convert it to "dag" file. Then you can convert it to
> an "nl" file.
> http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/users/coconut/public_html/coconut-environment/
> Here is the direct link of converters.
> http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/coconut-environment/coconut-converters-bin.FC10.tgz

Hi Mustafa,

Thank you for replying.

I've just tried COCONOUT converters but I run into troubles.
If I understand, the first step is to perform the AMPL->DAG
conversion. In order to do so, I run the 'ampl2dag' converter.
However this script fails in running AMPL (at line 39) since it
violates the student version limit:

Sorry, the student edition of AMPL is limited to 300 variables and 300
constraints and objectives (after presolve) for nonlinear problems.
You have 350 variables, 0 constraints, and 1 objective.

Error using ampl to convert tre.mod to non-linear format

Where I am wrong?

Thank you very much!

Best,

-- Marco