[Couenne] About the value of the solve_result_num AMPL variable

sguazt marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:41:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

Can I safely ignore the precise value of solve_result_num variable and
simply check for the range it belongs to?

I mean, AMPL defines the following ranges:

0 - 99 --> optimal solution found
100 - 199 --> optimal solution indicated, but error likely
200 - 299 --> constraints cannot be satisfied
300 - 399 --> objective can be improved without limit
400 - 499 --> stopped by a limit that you set (such as on iterations)
500 - 599 --> stopped by an error condition in the solver

So, inside each range is any value assumed by solve_result_num equivalent?

I ask for this since I just get for solve_result_num a value of 3. So
I would tend to consider "3" == "0".

Thank you very much.

Best,

-- Marco