[Couenne] Cpp example of Couenne without AMPL

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 28 04:51:48 EDT 2011

Hi,

> I am currently investigating the use of Couenne without AMPL in order to solve custom problems (i.e. with objective functions in C++ programs). I have been able to accomplish this using bonmin&  ipopt however I also wanted to be able to do this using Couenne! Could anyone provide a C/C++ example of how to setup a Couenne problem, load in a couple options (programmatically), solve it, and display the solution, without an AMPL .nl file? I imagine this is done via CouenneMINLPInterface however an example would save me a lot of messing around!

The interface is in some kind similar to Bonmin.
Next to your TMINLP, you would have to pass in an equivalent algebraic
formulation of your problem as CouenneProblem.
You could look at the Ampl, Gams, OS interfaces to Couenne, e.g., look
at readyAPI and callSolver and the functions they call at
https://projects.coin-or.org/GAMSlinks/browser/trunk/GAMSlinks/src/SolverInterfaces/GamsCouenne.cpp

Stefan