[Couenne] Rounding NLP heuristic

Pietro Belotti pbelott at clemson.edu
Thu Mar 31 21:40:05 EDT 2011

Akshay,

Couenne runs Ipopt at the beginning to search for a feasible solution,
both when solving NLPs and MINLPs. However, Ipopt might find a solution
that is not "feasible enough" for Couenne, i.e., the constraints
violations might be too large. All solvers, including Ipopt, allow slight
violation and have a tolerance parameter. You may want to set that
tolerance a little higher by adding, to the couenne.opt option file, a
line

feas_tolerance 1e-5

or higher if necessary.

Regards,