[Couenne] clean update of Couenne in LINUX

David Gravot dgravot at noos.fr
Mon Sep 27 13:50:06 EDT 2010

Hello

I face troubleshoot while updating Couenne (on LINUX)
Following COIN-OR general usage, I first do the command :

cd Couenne
svn switch https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Couenne/releases/0.3.2

I follow then the install of Third Party using get or wget corresponding scripts

Then the next step (cd build then ../configure -C) finally fails with
the message :

configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make
distclean" there first
configure: error: /bin/bash '../../../ThirdParty/HSL/configure' failed
for ThirdParty/HSL

Does this error comes from :
1) a wrong update of the source code ?
2) a wrong INSTALL of HSL . I must say this HSL part confuses me :
sometimes, it seems to me that it is optional if you already ran the
MUMPS script.
Otherwise, it is not clear at all what file shall be downloaded.I took
ma27 and mc19 (saving them as ma27ad.f and mc19ad.f)
3) something else

If I try to run make distclean from the build directory I got the next
error message :
/bin/bash: line 26: cd: Couenne: No such file or directory of this type
make: *** [distclean-recursive] Error

What if I want to clean correctly a previous install and restart from
scratch ? I guess deleting the Couenne dir itself is probably not the
best idea

Thanks for your help

David Gravot