[Couenne] compiling Couenne in a macos

Pietro Belotti pbelott at clemson.edu
Fri Sep 24 18:30:36 EDT 2010

Hello Joao,

both problems, the one you fixed and the second one, seem related to
Couenne using (and requiring for normal use, at least for now) the Ampl
Solver Library (ASL). A ticket was issued some time ago, and fixed, that
should provide some help:

https://projects.coin-or.org/Couenne/ticket/1

First, did you download all ThirdParty packages? In particular, did you
access ThirdParty/ASL and run ./getASL? If not, either you download the
ASL or, if you don't want to use it, you should reconfigure with the
option "--without-ASL".

If you did download the ASL, then I believe it should be visible by
Couenne and find this a bit strange, though I have never tried to compile
Couenne on a Mac. The symbol that the linker claims unreachable,
_L_val_ASL is included in the ASL (and so is negInfinity), therefore it
might be a problem of re-ordering the sequence of libraries needed by
Couenne (though it has always worked). Please let me know if you still
have troubles. If so, please include version of Couenne and of compiler.

Please reply (and send all your future questions about Couenne) to the
Couenne mailing list, couenne at list.coin-or.org (cc'd).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Pietro Belotti