[Couenne] Informations about Gap and Couenne

Pietro Belotti pbelott at clemson.edu
Thu Sep 23 11:38:02 EDT 2010

Dear Pierre-Hakim,

in the option file couenne.opt, add the following line:

bb_log_level 1

Then, if Couenne did not find a global optimum, the output should contain
a line like the following:

Cbc0005I Partial search - best objective -3500 (best possible -6960.9),
took 321 iterations and 0 nodes (1.93 seconds)

which gives you the upper bound (-3500) and a lower bound (-6960.9), that
allows to compute a gap. If instead Couenne terminates with a global
optimum, you will see a line such as the following

Cbc0001I Search completed - best objective -7.487442645409277, took 162
iterations and 10 nodes (0.09 seconds)

Hope this helps. Please direct all of your future questions to the Couenne
mailing list, couenne at list.coin-or.org

Regards,

Pietro Belotti
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences