[Couenne] Search direction

Pietro Belotti belotti at lehigh.edu
Wed Dec 23 10:38:02 EST 2009

Dear Sismail,

I believe those messages are printed by Ipopt, which is the nonlinear
solver used to find a feasible solution for the MINLP problem. In
principle, even if Ipopt exits with those messages Couenne should be
able to continue and find an optimal solution. Can you be more precise
on the meaning of "very bad solutions"? Are the optimal (as claimed by
Couenne) solutions much worse than solutions you have found in some
other way?

> Is something I can modify in the file mybonmin.opt to avoid such problem ?

I believe you should use an option file called couenne.opt, but anyhow
I don't think there is any Couenne setting you should change. I
suggest you search the Ipopt mailing list for help on how to get rid
of those messages.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pietro Belotti, Lehigh University
Dept. of Industrial & Systems Engineering
200 W Packer Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015.
phone: 610-758-3865   fax: 610-758-4886
email: belotti at lehigh.edu
web:   http://www.lehigh.edu/~pib208