[Couenne] incorrect solution

Pietro Belotti belotti at lehigh.edu
Mon Apr 6 21:57:46 EDT 2009

Hi Francois,

I can replicate the problem, which seems to be related x_73 and x_74
being redundant variables. Each of them is equal to another variable
(x_58 and x_44 respectively), so Couenne ignores them during
optimization and sets them to zero. I'll fix this in the next few
days. The value -13 and 1 of x_58 and x_44 are indeed correct for the
bounds on x_73 and x_74.

Best,
Pietro Belotti, Lehigh University
Dept. of Industrial & Systems Engineering
200 W Packer Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015.
phone: 610-758-3865   fax: 610-758-4886
email: belotti at lehigh.edu
web:   http://www.lehigh.edu/~pib208